Cunard Queen Mary 2 Schedule
2016 and 2017 Transatlantic Crossings and Cruises
It's the rare travel experience where the journey itself is the main attraction. But then, few vacations are the Transatlantic Crossing with Cunard Line on the world famous Queen Mary 2 or QM2 - and Cunard aficionados know never to refer to this Cunard ocean liner as Queen Mary II. Your Cunard Transatlantic cruise between New York and Southampton will be full of history and romance. On select sailings, you may even begin or end your voyage in Hamburg, Germany or Cherbourg, France. And your Q Cruise + Travel (formerly Cruise Holidays Chicago) certified Cunard Commodore experts will help you plan your perfect vacation.
Travellers have been crossing the Atlantic Ocean for centuries. In times gone by, the rich and famous of their age packed their trunks and boarded a Cunard ocean liner, bound for a week of adventure, dancing, fine dining and stimulating conversation.
The experience remains much the same today, although of course today's Cunarders offer all the modern amenities you would expect on a luxury ocean liner. Cunard's grandest ship, Queen Mary 2, was specifically designed as an ocean liner, not a cruise ship, so she can cross the Atlantic Ocean in the utmost comfort.
Don't like to fly? Queen Mary 2 allows you to visit your family in Europe or explore those places you've always wanted to see without any international flights! You can combine two Transatlantic Crossings and even a Mediterranean or Northern Europe sailing for a truly civilized way of exploring Europe. Just ask us for details or view our "Europe without Flying" page.
Just imagine: seven or eight wonderful days and nights filled with as much or as little activity as you like: the grand balls, the enrichment lectures, superb cuisine, traditional English afternoon tea, the Planetarium, plays and acting workshops by the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA), Queen Mary 2's Canyon Ranch Spa Club, an excellent health club and the company of an interesting mix of international guests. On select 2016 and 2017 sailings, enjoy Jazz at Sea with Blue Note Records, or enjoy an impressive line-up of The New York Times Insights experts on select 2016 or 2017 Eastbound Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossings. You can do it all, or nothing if you prefer.
Wondering what you can do on your Transatlantic cruise? Watch the video about daytime activities and Cunard Insights or this video about Cunard Entertainment. At night, enjoy one of the Royal Nights Themed Balls (video). The best part of a Transatlantic Crossing? The luxury of planning seven or more glorious days completely according to your schedule.
2016 and 2017 Cunard Transatlantic Cruise Fares and Promotions
Sail on Queen Mary 2 or one of her Royal sisters in 2016 or early 2017. Whenever you go, a Cunard QM2 Transatlantic Crossing can be remarkably affordable if you book with Q Cruise + Travel (formerly Cruise Holidays Chicago). Scroll down to see 2016 Queen Mary 2 sail dates and starting fares, or check our Current Cunard Offers: our fares are never higher, and often lower, than when you book directly with Cunard.
In addition, on most sailings we offer up to $300 shipboard credit per stateroom, to spend as you please on Queen Mary 2, and other extras like bottles of wine or Cunard souvenirs. Of course, fares and availability change constantly, so please call us to find the most suitable option.
Last Minute Flash Fares: fares so low we aren't allowed to display them
Due to our special relationship with Cunard, we are at times given access to Flash Fares: last-minute fares that are so low that we are not allowed to show them online. Flash Fares are based on a "guarantee" basis, which means that you can not select your specific stateroom number. Your room will be assigned by Cunard in the category you reserved, or higher. As Flash Fares are such excellent value, Cunard requires payment on the same day and cancellation penalties apply immediately. Onboard credits and promotions are not combinable with Flash Fares.
Flash Fares are for new reservations only, not available on all sailings and often sell out, so if you see "Flash Fares available" listed below, call us immediately for details! For Flash Fares on sailings other than Transatlantic Crossings, please refer to our Current Cunard Offers page.
Eastbound Crossings - New York to Southampton
Depart from New York and sail past the Statue of Liberty before saying goodbye to the Americas en route to Southampton, England. Enjoy seven or even eight wonderful days and nights at sea before you arrive in the "Old World". You can of course fly straight home (we'll help you with your one way airfare if you like), but why not spend a few days in London, visit Bath, Windsor or Stonehenge? Or add a trip to the European mainland, by plane or by Eurostar "Chunnel" train. Some QM2 crossings will continue to beautiful Hamburg, Germany. Our Europe experts will gladly help you plan trips to Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, a river cruise in Europe, or any other destination.
Another option: combine your Eastbound Crossing with a European cruise, or sail back on a Westbound crossing. We are certain you'll agree that your Cunard experience is a much more civilized way to cross the Atlantic than your average Transatlantic flight.
Queen Mary 2 / Cunard 2016 and 2017 Transatlantic Cruise Schedule
Eastbound Departure Dates - New York to Southampton/Hamburg
- September 8, 2016: New York - Halifax - Southampton (8 nights, NYT). Fares from $1,299*.
- October 11, 2016: New York - Southampton (NYT). Fares from $1,299*.
- October 25, 2016: New York - Southampton (NYT, Blue Note Jazz at Sea). Fares from $999*.
- November 12, 2016: New York - Southampton (NYT). Fares from $999*.
- December 8, 2016: New York - Southampton (NYT). Fares from $799*.
- January 3, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT). Fares from $799*.
- May 15, 2017: New York - Southampton
- May 31, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT)
- June 15, 2017: New York - Southampton
- July 6, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT)
- July 28, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT)
- August 12, 2017: New York - Southampton
- August 12, 2017: New York - Southampton - Hamburg (9 nights)
- September 7, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT) (8 nights)
- October 6, 2017: New York - Southampton. World Space Week
- October 20, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT)
- October 20, 2017: New York - Southampton - Hamburg (9 nights)
- November 12, 2017: New York - Southampton
- December 8, 2017: New York - Southampton (NYT)
- January 3, 2018: New York - Southampton
NYT: as part of the Cunard Insights enrichment programme, Cunard will feature The New York Times Insight experts who will provide guests unique access to a wealth of research and insights on topics ranging from national security, climate change, the space program, to economics, tax issues, sports, technology, journalism, laws of the ancient world and more.
World Space Week: celebrate international World Space Week and join space experts from many fields, including Astronaut, Scientist and former Shuttle Pilot, Dr Jeffrey Hoffman; Charles Barclay of the Royal Astronomical Society; Stephen Attenborough, Commercial Director of Virgin Galactic and Ken Taggart, NASA Historian. Ask us about the bespoke land package in New York with VIP tours of the Hayden Planetarium, the Rose Center for Space and the Intrepid Museum of Air, Sea and Space. Departing October 6, 2017.
Westbound Crossings - Southampton to New York
Enjoy Great Britain or Europe before you board Queen Mary 2 in Southampton. Of course we'll arrange your transfers from beautiful London to the ship. Then, enjoy seven days and nights at your own pace en route to the New World. One advantage of a Westbound crossing: you gain an hour each day to offset the time difference between England and New York: more time to relish on your traditional Transatlantic cruise on the QM2!
Download a Southampton-New York City Transatlantic Crossing electronic flyer.
Queen Mary 2 /Cunard 2016 and 2017 Transatlantic Cruise Schedule
Westbound Departure Dates - Southampton/Hamburg to New York
2016 and 2017 Westbound QM2 Transatlantic Crossings from Southampton to New York are 7 nights long, unless otherwise indicated. Some sailings start in Hamburg and make a stop in Southampton before continuing to New York. Occasionally, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth operate Transatlantic cruises too, generally as part of a world cruise. Shipboard credits listed are per stateroom based on double occupancy. Please call us for the latest availability and fares.
- August 30, 2016: Hamburg - Southampton - New York (9 nights). Fares from $1,699*.
- September 1, 2016: Southampton - New York. Fares from $1,449*.
- September 20, 2016: Southampton - New York. Fares from $1,299*.
- October 18, 2016: Southampton - New York. Fares from $999*.
- November 5, 2016: Southampton - New York. Fares from $1,149*.
- November 19, 2016: Southampton - New York Fares from $999*.
- December 15, 2016: Southampton - New York. Fares from $799*.
- January 5, 2017: Southampton - Fort Lauderdale on Queen Victoria. Fares from $2,058*.
- January 7, 2017: Southampton - New York (overnight) (9 nights) on Queen Elizabeth. Fares from $1,548*.
- May 8, 2017: Southampton - New York. Fares from $1,198*.
- May 24, 2017: Southampton - New York
- June 7, 2017: Southampton - Halifax - New York (8 nights)
- July 21, 2017: Southampton - New York
- August 4, 2017: Southampton - Halifax - New York (8 nights)
- August 29, 2017: Hamburg - Southampton - New York (9 nights)
- August 31, 2017: Southampton - New York
- September 14, 2017: Southampton - Le Havre, France - New York (8 nights). As part of the summer season of celebrations for Le Havre 500th Anniversary which will include historical costumes, music, fireworks, QM2 will receive a special welcome and send-off in this port.
- October 13, 2017: Southampton - New York
- November 3, 2017: Hamburg - Southampton - New York (9 nights)
- November 5, 2017: Southampton - New York
- November 19, 2017: Southampton - New York
- December 15, 2017: Southampton - New York
The Cunard Kennels
Pet lovers who like traveling with their beloved dog or cat can reserve a space in the Kennel onboard Queen Mary 2. The service is only offered on scheduled Transatlantic Crossings between New York and Southampton or Hamburg. The Cunard Kennel service is ideal for guests who are moving to or from the United Kingdom or Europe, as the Kennel allows you to make the process of pet quarantine more comfortable. Very strict regulations apply and you must start preparations at least six months before departure to ensure you have all steps, including implanting of a chip and rabies shots, completed. The limited number of kennels makes it essential that you reserve far in advance. For details, give us a call.
For More Information and Current Availability:
Call (888) 744 7397 or (312) 266 7447.
We'll check the best available option and help you plan the perfect Cunard experience.
Check Cunard Cruise Schedule and Virtuoso amenities.
Our Q Cruise + Travel Virtuoso website will open in a new window and display a wide range of available Cunard cruises and Transatlantic Crossings. You can further refine your search by specifying your preferred destination(s), travel dates, departure cities and more. Virtuoso amenities and exclusive benefits will display too. Not all Q Cruise + Travel fares and extra amenities will display online, so we recommend that you give our certified Cunard experts a call at (888) 744 7397 or (312) 266 7447 for the latest availability and pricing.
*Fares are in US Dollars, cruise only, non-air, per person, based on double occupancy, subject to availability, capacity controlled and include Non-Commissionable Fares. Government taxes and fees are additional and subject to change. Airfare, travel insurance, gratuities and items of a personal nature are additional. Balcony rooms on Queen Mary 2 or Oceanview rooms on Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth may have an obstructed view. Cunard Flash Fares require instant payment, are non-refundable and not combinable with other discounts or special offers. Cruise fares are subject to availability and subject to change without prior notice. Q Cruise + Travel is not responsible for typographical or other errors. At the time of communication, no fuel supplement is in effect, however, Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement in the future.
Q Cruise + Travel terms and conditions, as well as those of cruise line and other travel suppliers apply to all reservations. Ship's Registry: Bermuda.