Europe without Flying
Why sit in a cramped airline seat for hours and battle with intrusive airport security procedures when you can stretch out and relax en route to some of the most beautiful places in the world? Enjoy the many facilities and stunning views on Queen Mary 2, your Cunard ocean liner. Instead of eating airline food, feast on culinary delicacies in one of Cunard's restaurants.
You could even combine your Cunard voyage with a great American road or train trip from your home to Cunard's American home port of New York City.
And with the comfortable speed of travel by ship, you will not have to worry about missing part of the experience because of jet lag. Cunard refers to its combination of two Transatlantic Crossings with a Cunard European cruise itinerary as a "Grand Voyage". Please scroll down to see the 2015 Grand Voyage schedule.
Transatlantic Cruise Combinations
Let us combine two Cunard Transatlantic Crossings to allow you to explore England and Europe or visit family. We can arrange train travel or tours in Europe. Maybe you've even thought of a river cruise to explore the heart of Europe? In some cases, we can add a Cunard European cruise, allowing you to sail from New York City to Scandinavia or Northern Europe - just scroll down for the Grand Voyage listings.
Here are some suggested options:
- July 24-September 8, 2016, one month in Europe: New York via Halifax to Southampton. Return from Southampton on September 1, and you'll be back in New York on September 8, 2016.
- August 9-September 8, 2016, two weeks in Europe: New York to Southampton (or add two days to Hamburg). Return from Southampton on September 1, and you'll be back in New York on September 8, 2016.
- September 8-27, 2016, four days in Europe: New York to Southampton, followed by a return to New York, September 20-27.
- September 8-October 25, 2016, month in Europe: New York to Southampton. Returning on the 18-25 October, 2016 crossing.
- October 11-November 12, 2016, almost four weeks in Europe: New York to Southampton, returning on the November 5-12, 2016 crossing.
Visit Stonehenge while in England
2016 and 2017 Roundtrip Crossings from New York on Queen Mary 2:
Sometimes, getting there is more than half the fun: combine back-to-back Eastbound and Westbound Transatlantic Crossings for 14 to 18 days and nights of relaxation, exquisite dining, nightlife, dancing and the many other activities you can expect on the world's greatest ocean liner, Queen Mary 2. Enjoy a day (or two) in Southampton, and, depending on the itinerary, visit Halifax, Le Havre (Paris), Zeebrugge (Brussels/Bruges) or Hamburg.
- July 24-August 9, 2016, 16 nights: New York - Halifax - Southampton - New York
- October 11-25, 2016, 14 nights: New York - Southampton - New York
- October 25-November 12, 2016, 18 nights: New York - Paris/Le Havre - Bruges/Zeebrugge - Southampton - New York
- November 12-26, 2016, 14 nights: New York - Southampton - New York
- December 8-22, 2016, 14 nights: New York - Southampton - New York
- May 15-31, 2017, 16 nights: New York - Southampton - Zeebrugge (Bruges) - Southampton - New York
- May 31-June 15, 2017, 15 nights: New York - Southampton - Halifax - New York
- July 28-August 12, 2017, 15 nights: New York - Southampton - Halifax - New York
- September 7-22, 2017, 15 nights: New York - Southampton - Le Havre/Paris - New York
- October 6-20, 2017, 14 nights: New York - Southampton - New York
- November 12-26, 2017, 14 nights: New York - Southampton - New York
- December 8-22, 2017, 14 nights: New York - Southampton - New York
2016 and 2017 Cunard Grand Voyages and Europe without Flying
Grab the unique opportunity to combine round-trip Transatlantic crossings with a European cruise on Queen Mary 2, resulting in the most comfortable European vacation you've ever experienced - all without international flights!
QM2 in the Norwegian Fjords
August 9, 2016: 30-night Grand Transatlantic Crossing and the Fjords
Sail to Northern Europe for a detailed exploration of Norway, with the convenience of a roundtrip departure from New York. After a Transatlantic Crossing, you'll arrive in Southampton (Stonehenge? Winchester Cathedral? Let us know what we can plan for you!), followed by the Hanseatic city of Hamburg, Germany. You'll then continue to visit a large variety of some of the most beautiful ports and fjords in Norway, including its charming capital Oslo, Olden, Andalsnes and Trondheim. Sail through the fjords to Flam. Explore Bergen and Stavanger. Once more you'll spend a day in Hamburg and Southampton before returning to New York on September 8, 2016.
September 8-27, 2016: 19-night Grand Transatlantic Crossing, Bruges and Guernsey
Sail to Northern Europe, roundtrip from New York. After a Transatlantic Crossing via Halifax, Nova Scotia, you'll arrive in Southampton. After a day at sea, you'll arrive in the Belgian port city of Zeebrugge, which gives you access to beautiful Bruges. Next is St. Peter Port, Guernsey in the Channel Islands, just off the coast of France. Sail back via Southampton to New York where you'll return on September 27, 2016.
October 25, 2016: 18-night Transatlantic Crossing, Bruges and Paris
Visit Paris, the City of Light and beautiful Bruges, roundtrip from New York. After a Transatlantic Crossing, you'll arrive in Southampton. The next day, arrive in Le Havre, the port city that provides access to Paris, the Normandy landing beaches or the charming fishermen's town of Honfleur. Spend a day at sea before arriving in the Belgian port city of Zeebrugge, the port for beautiful Bruges. Sail back via Southampton to New York where you'll return on November 12, 2016.
July 6, 2017: 22-night Transatlantic Crossing & Norway Fjords
Sail to Norway, conveniently from New York: visit Southampton and then Stavanger, Nordfjord, cruise through the beautiful Innvikfjorden, stay overnight in Olden, visit Flam, and cruise through the Aurlandsfjorden and Sognefjord to Bergen in Norway. Via Southampton you return to New York on July 21.
August 12, 2017: 26-night Transatlantic Crossing & Norway Fjords
Escape the heat of summer in New York and sail to gorgeous Norway. Visit Southampton and Hamburg before arriving in Bergen, Alesund, Olden, Innvikfjorden, Nordjford and Flam. Cruise through Sognefjord to Stavanger. Return via Hamburg and Southampton and arrive in New York on September 7.
For More Information and Current Availability:
Call us at (312) 266 7447 or (888) 744 7397. We will check on the latest fares and availability and help plan the perfect Cunard experience.
Visit our Transatlantic Cruise Schedules and Offers page.
Check Cunard Cruise Schedule and Virtuoso amenities.
Our Q Cruise + Travel Virtuoso website will open in a new window and display a wide range of available Cunard cruises and Transatlantic Crossings. You can further refine your search by specifying your preferred destination(s), travel dates, departure cities and more. Virtuoso amenities and exclusive benefits will display too. Not all Q Cruise + Travel fares and extra amenities will display online, so we recommend that you give our certified Cunard experts a call at (888) 744 7397 or (312) 266 7447 for the latest availability and pricing.
*Fares are in US Dollars, cruise only, non-air, per person, based on double occupancy, subject to availability, capacity controlled and include Non-Commissionable Fares. Government taxes and fees are additional and subject to change. Airfare, transfers, travel insurance, gratuities and items of a personal nature are additional. Balcony rooms on Queen Mary 2 or Oceanview rooms on Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth may have an obstructed view. Cunard Flash Fares require instant payment, are non-refundable and not combinable with other discounts or special offers. Cruise fares are subject to availability and subject to change without prior notice. Q Cruise + Travel is not responsible for typographical or other errors. At the time of communication, no fuel supplement is in effect, however, Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement in the future.
Q Cruise + Travel terms and conditions, as well as those of cruise line and other travel suppliers apply to all reservations. Ship's Registry: Bermuda.